Show off your water knowledge to over 300 leading water industry experts at the Canadian Water Summit 2018 in Vancouver, B.C., June 20–22nd.
This research poster contest is open to students conducting graduate-level work focused on water and partnerships with external stakeholders in the following categories:
- Water & manufacturing (food and beverage, other)
- Water & natural resources (oil & gas, mining, forestry)
- Water & communities (municipal & Indigenous)
The competition is open to any student from an accredited Canadian institution who is also a registered attendee of the Canadian Water Summit.
Interested parties should submit a one-page document by e-mail:
- Abstract describing the project objective and water challenge that it seeks to address
- Details on how collaboration is key to the outcomes of the project
- High res photo of the team/presenter to be used in the CWS program and distributed to Summit attendees.
Submissions can be sent to [email protected] with the title Submission: CWS Poster Constest.
Judging will be carried out at the Summit by a team of selected experts and CWS participants
A winner in each category will receive an award on stage at the Summit, will be mentioned during the Water’s Next Awards Gala, and will be profiled in Water Canada magazine.
Deadline to submit:
Required poster dimensions:
46” x 32”
The poster must include the following:
- Names of author(s) and affiliated organization(s)
- Abstract (brief summary of objectives, methods, results, and conclusions)
- Background Information
- Project Objectives
- Materials (as applicable)
- Results (in the form of tables, graphs, charts, etc.)
Participants shall plot the poster on a 46” x 32” sheet of paper or mount the sections of the poster on colour matboard.
- Only 40 posters will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Must be a registered CWS participant.
- Poster presenters will be asked to be present beside their poster during Summit networking breaks.
- May be submitted by a team or individual attending the Summit.
- Must be willing to participate in an interview for Water Canada
Questions can be directed to [email protected] RE:Poster Contest.