On Sunday, May 26 we begin Water Week at Blue with CWRA hosting its National Conference with the theme “Shared Water, Competing Ethics: Collaboration in Water Management”. This will be followed on Wednesday afternoon with a combined CWRA/CWS opening session of multiple industry and municipal water associations that will kick off the 10th annual Canadian Water Summit.
The CWS program this year will explore “Partnering to Innovate in the Blue Economy” and wrap up shortly after noon on Friday, May 31. Week-long programming will include multiple plenary and individual sessions, tailored workshops, two awards banquets (including Water’sNext Awards), a combined exhibition area, technical tours and field trips, a “Women in Water” brunch, fun outdoor activities and other engaging networking events like the Student and Young Professionals and delegate ice-breaker reception and brewery tour. We’ve invited world-famous photographer Edward Burtynsky to be our keynote speaker on May 30 to talk about his latest film and exhibition: Anthropocene.
CWS 2019 program themes and topics will include:
- Progress through Partnerships: Towards Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- Overturning Barriers to Water Innovation in Government and Industry
- Artificial Intelligence and IoT for Water Infrastructure Advancements
- Indigenous Water Partnerships
- Establishing Sponge Cities in Canada: Low-Impact Development and Green Infrastructure
- Financing Flood Resilience
- Water Stewardship in the Supply Chain
- Small and Remote Water Systems
- A Canadian Strategy for Plastics in a Blue Economy
- Water Sector Diversity and Inclusion
If you have an idea for a speaker or presentation, please contact the CWS Program Steering Committee Chair Todd Latham at email@example.com or at 416-444-5842 ext. 111
Check out our postcard for an overview of CWS 2019!
Full programming for the 2019 Canadian Water Summit will be announced in the coming months. Stay tuned!
See the full program from 2018 here.